ANGER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (AMP)
Where Can I Attend Anger Management Program (AMP) or Anger Control Counseling (ACC) in Tarrant County?
If you have been accused or charged with an assaultive offense or domestic violence in Tarrant County, Texas, you could be ordered to complete the Anger Management Program, also called ACC. Sometimes, ACC will be ordered by the judge as part of your probation, and sometimes your attorney will request that you complete ACC before your court date. If you need to complete Anger Management Program, check out the following facilities.
*All of the Anger Management Program providers below are approved by the Tarrant County Probation Department (CSCD).
1. Center for Therapeutic Change (CTC) – (817) 548-9990
CTC is our #1 recommended Anger Management Program provider. CTC has three locations in Tarrant County:
- Arlington (Main Office): 605 E. Border Street, Arlington, TX 76010
- East Fort Worth: 6320 Brentwood Stair Road, Fort Worth, TX 76112
- West Fort Worth: 5801 Curzon, Suite 245, Fort Worth, TX 76107
2. A.L. Turner Academic Intervention – (817) 773-4132
A.L. Turner has three locations in Dallas Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth: 2000 Beach Street, Fort Worth, TX 76103
- Dallas: 2201 Main Street, Suite 415, Dallas, TX 75201
- Plano: 5-69 W. Plano Pkwy, Suite 300, Plano, TX 75093
3. Opportunities Counseling Center – (817) 360-2983
Opportunities Counseling has four locations in Dallas Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth: 601 University Drive, Suite 105, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Grand Prairie: 517 N. Carrier Pkwy, Suite H, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Dallas: 4849 W. Illinois Avenue, Suite B10A, Dallas, TX 75211
- Dallas: 1111 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 850, Dallas, TX 75247
4. MHMR of Tarrant County – (817) 569-5750
- Hurst: 129 Harmon Road, Hurst, TX 76053
5. North Side Services – (817) 237-4188
- Fort Worth: 2011 Prospect Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164
6. North Texas Addiction Counseling & Education – (817) 795-8278
- Arlington: 124 W. Pioneer Pkwy, Suite 120, Arlington, TX 76010
From Tarrant County Probation:
“CSCD now requires that all Anger Management Program courses meet minimum requirements: 1) They must be 18 total hours of counseling, 16 in a group setting and one-hour intake and exit sessions; 2) Group sessions must be two hours each; 3) Group sessions can meet one or two times weekly, for a total of four weeks or eight weeks; 4) Male and female participants must be in separate classes. Completing a program not approved by CSCD may mean that you have to complete another one. CSCD accepts no responsibility for you choosing a non-approved program.”
Contact our Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorneys if You are Considering Anger Managament Program in Advance of Court
If you have a question about ACC or if you need assistance with a shoplifting or theft case in Tarrant County, contact our Fort Worth Theft Defense Attorney today at (817) 993-9249.