FORT WORTH WORKPLACE INJURY ATTORNEYS
Experienced Fort Worth Workplace Accident Attorneys
Whether you work in construction, on an oil rig, in an industrial setting, or elsewhere, a workplace injury can be devastating to your life and your future. From a machine malfunction to a dangerous systemic condition, we have represented many types of workplace accidents. When employers fail to follow safety regulations, provide proper equipment and training, or inspect equipment, workers often pay the price. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), common workplace hazards known as the Fatal Four are:
- FALLS – Falls are the leading cause of death in construction related accidents at 38.7%. Falls from heights, such as unsafe ladders or scaffolding, are the leading contributors to fatalities while same level falls, such as slips, are the leading contributor to injuries. Any surface that causes one to lose one’s balance and fall is a hazard.
- STRUCK-BY – Being struck-by an object on the job accounts for 9.4% of construction site deaths. Struck-by hazards are objects whose impact alone causes injuries or death, such as flying, falling, swinging, or rolling objects. Some examples are bricks, pipes, cranes, or vehicles.
- ELECTROCUTION – Electrocution is responsible for 8.3% of construction site fatalities. These accidents are caused by exposure to a lethal amount of electrical energy. Instances such as burns, electrocutions, shock, arc flash/blast, fire, and explosions can wound or kill workers. Some causes are faulty or exposed wiring, failure to put warnings in electrical workspaces, or coming in contact with power lines.
- CAUGHT IN OR BETWEEN – While being caught-in or -between equipment on a job site is responsible for the least number of accidents at 7.2%, this type of accident can have severe consequences. OSHA defines being caught-in or -between as injuries that are the result of being “crushed, squeezed, caught, pinched, or compressed between two or more objects” whether one or more of the objects are moving.
I'm a professional business person and have dealt with scores of attorneys; no one is better prepared, persistent, thorough, and straightforward good or bad. (wish all attorneys were as faithful to their oath) Luke knows the intricacies of the law and the practicalities of how it's being applied given current politics, culture, and daily precedents.J.W. - Fort Worth, Texas Client
I thank God everyday for placing Jason Howard and his law firm in my life. They treated me like a person and not a case. I prayed for a Christian lawyer and Jason's firm was listed that way. He truly was a blessing.R. - Keller, Texas Client
Mr. Barnett is an outstanding lawyer! I can honestly say that he went above and beyond to help me understand the process and to resolve my legal problem. He was readily available, respectful, and efficient. I highly recommend Brandon Barnett. He is by far the best lawyer I've ever had!!E. - Cleburne, Texas Client
*Top Attorney Fort Worth as recognized by Fort Worth Magazine (Brandon Barnett 2014 – 2017; Jason Howard 2014 – 2017; Luke Williams 2013 – 2017; Ashley Gilmore 2016-2017)
Construction Accident Attorneys | BHW Injury Attorneys
It is important that you report the accident to your employer immediately. Your accident may be covered by workers compensation but there is still the risk for the case to be mishandled. Multiple parties could be liable and you may be eligible to receive more than what the insurance company has to offer. We fight to restore your financial damages, such as:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Benefits or Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
Injured by a Construction Accident in North Texas? | We Hold Employers Accountable
Some companies cut corners in an effort to reduce costs, but at your expense. When you show up to your work building, your safety should be a priority. At Barnett Howard & Williams, getting you the best outcome and the maximum claim for your workplace accident is our top priority. Our team has substantial experience in construction accident cases. We do not simply settle your case for what the insurance company thinks is fair. We fully investigate and litigate, if necessary, to ensure that you receive just and fair compensation for your workplace injury.
No Cost Unless We Win Your Workplace Accident Case!
With our firm, you do not pay any attorney’s fees unless and until we win a damage award for you. To set up an initial consultation to discuss your construction accident, oil field accident, or other workplace injury case, please contact us at (817) 993-9249.