Where Can I complete Community Service in Tarrant County?
If you have been accused or charged with criminal offense in Tarrant County, Texas, you could be ordered to complete Community Service at a local non-profit organization. Sometimes, Community Service will be ordered by the judge as part of probation, and sometimes your attorney will request that you complete Community Service before your court date. If you need to complete Community Service, check out the following organizations that we recommend.
*All of the non-profit organizations below are approved by the Tarrant County Probation Department (CSCD).
Our Most Recommended Non-Profit Organizations in Tarrant County
Generally, you are allowed to perform community service at any non-profit organization. Some are easier to work with than others. We’ve listed some of our favorites below. If you do not know where to start, these organizations are a good place. As always, you can contact our criminal defense attorneys if you need any assistance with any of the below groups. Click on the links to go to the organization’s website.
1. Mission Arlington – (817) 277-6620
Mission Arlington is our #1 recommended non-profit organization in Tarrant County.
- Arlington: 210 W. South Street, Arlington, TX 76010
2. Habitat for Humanity – (817) 926-9219
Volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity can be performed as various location across the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Fort Worth: 3345 S. Jones Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
3. Tarrant Area Food Bank – (817) 857-7100
Court-ordered or lawyer-related Community Service with the Tarrant Area Food Bank must go through the Quality Control process and an orientation.
- Fort Worth: 2600 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
4. Goodwill – (817) 332-7866
Note: Goodwill requires a letter from your attorney if you wish to perform pretrial Community Service. Also, Goodwill will not allow those accused of assaultive offenses to volunteer at any of their locations. Goodwill has many locations in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Those include:
- Fort Worth: 4005 Campus Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76105
- Watauga: 7201 Rufe Snow Drive, Watauga, TX 76148
- Arlington: 901 W. Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX
- Haltom City: 3147 Denton Highway, Haltom City, TX 76117
- Keller: 750 S. Main Street, Suite 125, Keller, TX 76248
Contact our Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorneys if You are Considering Community Service in Advance of Court
If you have a question about Community Service or if you need assistance with a criminal case in Tarrant County, contact our Fort Worth Criminal Defense Attorney today at (817) 993-9249. If you need an attorney letter for Community Service, our attorneys can help you with that.