What is the Batterer’s Intervention BIPP Program or Partners Abuse Intervention & Prevention PAIP?
If you have been accused or charged with domestic violence or assault (family violence) in Tarrant County, Texas, you could be ordered to complete the Partners Abuse Intervention & Prevention Program (PAIP), which was formerly called Batterer’s Intervention & Prevention Program (BIPP). Sometimes, PAIP or BIPP will be ordered by the judge as part of your probation, and sometimes your attorney will request that you complete PAIP before your court date in an effort to get your case dismissed without trial.
The PAIP Program teaches how to identify, examine, and reconsider core beliefs and thoughts that support use of violence in intimate relationships. Clients discuss and practice new behaviors and skills with the goal of ending their use of violence.
PAIP is typically an 22-week, 36-hour group counseling program covers topics including:
- Trust and Support
- Nonviolence & Nonthreatening Behavior
- Honesty & Accountability
- Negotiation & Fairness
- Shared Responsibility & Economic Partnership
- Responsible Parenting
On some occasions, the court or the district attorney will approve Short BIPP, which is a 10-week program.
Where Can I Attend PAIP or BIPP in Tarrant County?
*All of the BIPP providers below are approved by the Tarrant County Probation Department (CSCD) and the Judge in County Criminal Court 5.
1. Center for Therapeutic Change (CTC) – (817) 548-9990
- Arlington (Main Office): 1101 W. Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76011
2. Opportunities Counseling Center – (817) 360-2983
This provider is NOT approved for probation in CCC4. Opportunities Counseling has four locations in Dallas Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth: 601 University Drive, Suite 105, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Grand Prairie: 517 N. Carrier Pkwy, Suite H, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Dallas: 4849 W. Illinois Avenue, Suite B10A, Dallas, TX 75211
- Dallas: 1111 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 850, Dallas, TX 75247
3. Safe Haven of Tarrant County – (817) 548-0583 x234
- Arlington: 401 W. Sanford Street, Suite 1100, Arlington, Texas 76011
Contact our Fort Worth Domestic Violence Defense Attorneys if You are Considering PAIP or BIPP in Advance of Court
If you have a question about PAIP/BIPP or if you need assistance with a family violence case in Tarrant County, contact our Fort Worth Domestic Violence Defense Attorneys today at (817) 993-9249.