Where Can I Attend TIPS in Tarrant County?
If you have been accused or charged with shoplifting or theft in Tarrant County, Texas, you could be ordered to complete the Theft Intervention Program, also called TIPS. Sometimes, TIPS will be ordered by the judge as part of your probation, and sometimes your attorney will request that you complete TIPS before your court date. If you need to complete TIPS, check out the following facilities.
*All of the TIPS providers below are approved by the Tarrant County Probation Department (CSCD).
1. Center for Therapeutic Change (CTC) – (817) 548-9990
CTC is our #1 recommended TIPS provider. CTC has three locations in Tarrant County:
- Arlington (Main Office): 605 E. Border Street, Arlington, TX 76010
- East Fort Worth: 6320 Brentwood Stair Road, Fort Worth, TX 76112
- West Fort Worth: 5801 Curzon, Suite 245, Fort Worth, TX 76107
2. A.L. Turner Academic Intervention – (817) 773-4132
A.L. Turner has three locations in Dallas Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth: 2000 Beach Street, Fort Worth, TX 76103
- Dallas: 2201 Main Street, Suite 415, Dallas, TX 75201
- Plano: 5-69 W. Plano Pkwy, Suite 300, Plano, TX 75093
3. Opportunities Counseling Center – (817) 360-2983
This provider is NOT approved for probation in CCC4. Opportunities Counseling has four locations in Dallas Fort Worth:
- Fort Worth: 601 University Drive, Suite 105, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Grand Prairie: 517 N. Carrier Pkwy, Suite H, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- Dallas: 4849 W. Illinois Avenue, Suite B10A, Dallas, TX 75211
- Dallas: 1111 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 850, Dallas, TX 75247
From Tarrant County Probation:
“CSCD now requires that all TIP courses meet minimum requirements: 1) They must be 10 total hours of counseling, 8 in a group setting and one-hour intake and exit sessions; 2) Group sessions can meet one or two times weekly, for a total of four weeks or eight weeks.”
“Fast-Track program such as one or two day programs are not approved: check with your officer before signing up for ANY program. Completing a program not approved by CSCD may mean you have to complete another one. CSCD accepts no responsibility for you choosing a non-approved program.”
Contact our Fort Worth Theft Defense Attorneys if You are Considering TIPS in Advance of Court
If you have a question about TIPS or if you need assistance with a shoplifting or theft case in Tarrant County, contact our Fort Worth Theft Defense Attorney today at (817) 993-9249.